Monday, April 28, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNA...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNA. I LOVE YOU & MISS YOU TERRIBLY.

Deanna Dawn... best friend, mountain lion researcher, ambassador to the animals, and... my hero.
Today would have been her 52nd birthday. In her honor, my pup Wiley and I went for an early morning hike up to Monkey face. I watched the sun rise while enjoying Deanna's classic Field Biologist's Breakfast - Fuji apple with almond butter.

Today I will honor my best friend's birthday by doing many of the things she would want me to do. The list is long and includes driving to Grass Valley to visit her best canine companion, Cassie. But before my journey, I will make a contribution to Wild Felid & Research Management Association (WFA). WFA is a non-profit organization dedicated to wild felid (cat) conservation that MY Deanna helped spearhead - very proud of my girl!  You can visit their website to learn more about wild felid conservation or make a donation to WILD FELID LEGACY SCHOLARSHIP.

WFA MISSION:
"To promote the sound management, conservation, and restoration, where necessary, of wild felids in the Western Hemisphere through science-based management and education. Our intention is to openly share knowledge and expertise by facilitating relationships with and among government entities, non-governmental organizations, universities, and other interested parties."